Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend Fun and Other Stuff

We had a fun filled weekend! Sat we went to the Renaissance Festival. It is about 1 hr away but worth the drive. The kids love it, especially B. They have real jousting with knights on horses, he was just in awe. He loves knights, castles, and swords! We saw elephants, horses, and lots of other animals at the kiddie petting zoo. It kind of grosses me out to have the kids feeding these sheep and goats but I made sure to wash their hands right after. You never know what they could get from those animals. They loved it too! J would just hold the food out then throw it when they got close to her, the poor animals couldn't get much from her. B would make sure every animal got a bit, he didn't want to leave anyone out!! And when we left he said good-bye to them all. It was too cute! We had some yummy food too, and I didn't even overeat! YAY! I mostly shared food with the hubby and the kids. I tried a scotch egg for the first time. The state fair has these too and I hear the radio people talking about how good they are every year. We got one and I had a couple bites. It was good too. It sounds gross but it is a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage, cut in half, then there is this sauce on top of it. We also got those huge gross turkey legs. My kids, the pickiest eaters on earth, like these things. They hardly ever even eat meat so this amazes me. They each got one and DH and I helped eat them. They also got some ice cream and I got a homeade peanut nutroll to share with DH. It was pretty good, it had been recommended to me by a friend. After we had a sample of the cinnamon roasted almonds and I wished I had gotten those instead. Those are at the state fair too and I'll have to find the booth.

Speaking of state fair time, it is coming up this week. We plan to go once with the kids, then once just us since we are going to a concert there on the 1st. We are seeing Rascall Flatts. I hope they are as good in person as on the radio. I love that song about the broken road. Not sure of the name.

As far as the eating goes, I'm doing ok but not great. I'm not losing any weight but I'm eating better. I did go on my 3 mile walk last night and have been eating more fiber lately so hopefully this week will be a good one. I just ate a turkey/cheese sandwich for lunch and will have an orange too. I plan to not eat out this week so that helps. I am going on a girls weekend this Fri-Sun with 6 of my best friends. We do this yearly - go to a cabin of one of them, and hang out and have fun. 2 of them are pregnant but the rest of us will have a few drinks and we bring all our meals and just hang out. It is something we all look forward to each year and now it is almost here.

I also start classes this week. I have class tuesdays and thursdays. I am taking Anatomy & Physiology II and also an online course, Interpersonal Communications. I will then only have Microbiology and Psychology left to take before I can do nursing school. I am hoping to get in by next fall but may not being that I won't have the psych done yet. If not, I'll have an easy year then start the next fall. I am going to try to get into a night/weekend program about 1/2 hour away, it is 2 nights a week and every other weekend. It will take 2 years to complete. Then I can start being a nurse! I can't wait. I want to work in L&D, then go to CNM school down the road. That is my ultimate goal, even if it is long-term.

Anyway, B is having a friend over in 1/2 hour so I better get the house picked up. (so it can just get messed up again!) HA!

No comments: