Monday, August 01, 2005

My first blog entry!!

I am jumping into blogworld! I have to admit I have thought on and off about starting a blog for a long time now. I love reading other blogs. I think it is so interesting to read about other people's lives. Maybe I've hesitated to start one because I don't know how interesting my life really is, or if I can really communicate with writing what my life is like. I think that is a fear... that I won't be able to truly express what I want to express in my writing. It's also been a long time since I've written just for me. I have always loved to write. I used to want to become a writer, a long time ago. Then I went to college and found out it wasn't a practical job choice for me and I became an engineer. A chemical engineer. My dad loved my choice, and I did pretty well. I worked as an engineer for 6 years. I had a son, then a daughter, then I quit my job to take on the biggest challenge in my life - being a stay at home mom. I have been a full time stay at home mom for 3 years now. I was a part time working mom before that when I had just my son. It was very hard to go to work 3 days a week and I have the utmost respect for anyone who works and raises children, especially very young children. It was a struggle for me each and every day that I left him to work. Now that my kids are getting older I know that I will probably not stay an at home mom forever. I love them, and I get great satisfaction being with them but I know that once they are in school that I will want to work. For me, for the money, for our future, and because I want to. I have already taken steps to enter into my dream occupation, of nursing. I plan to someday, in the far future, become a CNM (certified nurse midwife) and in the near future attend nursing school and become an RN, hopefully to work in L&D for a while then attend grad school to get my CNM. I do think I can do this, it will just take some time. And I can't wait. Until then, this blog is about my life with my 2 beautiful children, and my life as a student, wife and friend. I have a very busy life going to school part time, and keeping my kids occupied.

Now, on to my kids....
My son (B) will be starting kindergarten this year (gulp) and is growing into a little man before my eyes. He is the most amazing little boy (don't all moms say that???). He is smart, and funny, and wise beyond his years. He is obsessed with dinosaurs (since he was 3) and also loves GI Joe, Magic Treehouse books, swimming, and movies. He has beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair, and he looks just like his daddy.

My daughter (J) just turned 3 and was supposed to go to preschool this fall but refuses to go on the potty so she may not go (bummer for me, she doesn't seem to mind this one bit). She is my sweet, challenging, intense child. She likes to get her way but can also be a little angel. She is cute as can be with big dark brown eyes and light brown curly long hair. She is a little peanut and looks younger than her age. It has been said she is a "mini-me" of myself.

I will end this entry here, as it is jumbled and has no rhyme or reason but I guess that is the point of your own blog, it doesn't have to have a point if you don't want it to.

Until next time!

No comments: