Sunday, January 29, 2006
Saturday January 28 was a very exciting day for our family, especially my son B! It happens to also be my dad's birthday (he turned 62). B entered his very first wrestling tournament. He is almost 6 years old and has been going to wrestling practice since early December. We weren't sure if he was really ready for competition, but he surprised us all by winning his group and getting 2 wins, both being pins! We are so very proud of him. The look on his face when he won was just priceless, and when they gave him this huge shiny trophy, my heart just about burst from my chest. He was the cutest thing I ever saw. My husband was a wrestler as a kid, and he was so thrilled with B. I know it is about having fun, but winning his first match just gave him such a confident boost, and made us all so happy, I am just so happy for him. I know he can do anything he sets his mind to and I am so proud of him.
To top off our fantastic day, we got home to his report card, which was a great improvement from last quarter. All around, it was a great day!
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Monday, January 23, 2006
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Things going well otherwise. I've been doing some exercise almost daily, and I am eating better. I am back in school Tues and Th nights, and so that keeps me busier and helps me eat less. I am feeling good about things, and hope to keep it that way.
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Today I had cereal before church, and of course hubby wanted to go to Embers afterwards. I did well, I think. I ordered the turkey burger and ate half of it, with only one side of the bun. I also had a small side salad but didn't eat much of it. I then had some 100 calorie cookies this afternoon. I need to add more fruit/veggies. Maybe for dinner I'll try to do that. I also drink hot tea and water throughout the day. Restaurants are hard too, too much temptation.
Anyway, de-lurker week was not too busy here! I had 3 posts. I am guessing maybe 5 people read this blog. Maybe I need to post more on other blogs to get more traffic here. Who knows. I guess it doesn't really matter too much. I just expected a few more comments. Oh well...I will keep on going and keep on trying and keep on writing... :)
Saturday, January 14, 2006
I know what will happen if I eat too many Doritos. I will very BRIEFLY enjoy the taste of them, and the feeling that gives me. But then, minutes after I binge, I will feel horrible, I will feel gross, why do I do it???
Friday, January 13, 2006
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
I plan to ride my bike for 15 min after I'm done here, and also write a bit in my other journal. I have been treating myself to a long hot shower in the evenings, and doing my full facial ritual each night. I think my skin is looking better.
I colored with the kids tonight in their coloring books. B is WAY into coloring, and is so cute, he gets all serious and really stays in all the lines really well, coloring tiny things different colors. He does a great job. J is doing well too, she is very interested in art and writing. She can almost write her name and knows many of her letters.
I can see that many of the neighbors have their lights up still, I guess it is still early, but it kind of cracks me up to see big lit up santas and reindeer now that we in in January. I find it even funnier when I see houses lit up well into February, which we have many around here. Yes, it does get cold and I can understand not wanting to take down the lights just yet, but do they have to be ON??? :)
My decorations are down, except our 3 new nutcrackers ( the kids would not part with them just yet, they love them!) and my mantle is still decorated with pointsetta's and some candles. But nothing Christmassy is left, and I feel great about it. I love to set it up but I'm fine with it being over each year.
Now we have B's birthday to plan. 6 years old. Wow! We have already started the guest list and I must get invites out in the next week or 2. Trouble is, he wants to invite everyone. I mean EVERYONE he knows! He is such a people person and has so many friends. It is cute, but where do I draw the line??
Well, off to ride the bike, REALLY!
Monday, January 02, 2006
- I bought a journal, and actually wrote in it! The old fashioned way with real paper and pen!
- I did not overeat!
- I did ride the stationary bike for 15 minutes! (starting out slow as to not burn out)
- I bought 2 cute scarf type things (not even sure how to wear them) on clearance that I would never typically buy myself! I think they are to be worn as a belt, or in hair like a head band, or around neck.... One is black with some sequins and one is a peach color with cool beads on the ends. They were $2.48 each at 75% off!
- I did not snack after dinner.
- I played a game with the kids, and it was even educational!
- I did not lose my temper.
- I did not fight with my husband, even once, today!
- I made a nice meal for dinner!
- I just pet my dog :) (thanks for the comment, you know who you are!) :)
Things I could improve on:
- I thought about food a lot, I'm really trying to get over this obsession but having trouble. Been reading the Dr. Phil book, but not sure it's sinking in....
I feel so happy when I have a good day. I feel proud of myself. I am not sure what makes me (or others out there) sabatage ourselves and be bad when we know we feel so much better when we are good (most of this pertains to food and working out, but can also relate to everything else in our lives). I wonder what makes humans do things that make them upset. We sure are a complicated creature! :)
Sunday, January 01, 2006
- Get in better shape by exercising more regularly. I would like to aim for using the stationary bike 3 times a week, and by summer be able to walk the 3 mile loop 3-4 times a week.
- Eat a more balance diet including more fruit, vegetables, and less junk food (cut WAY back on chips and chocolate/dessert foods)
- Eat smaller portions, using weight watcher points as a guide
- Do things for my well being, like getting a pedicure, buying something for myself, spending a day alone or with friends, drinking tea to relax etc etc...
- Spend more quality time with my children each day. Do something of their choosing each day.
- Treat my husband like the best friend that he is. Treat him with kindness, respect, and dignity, even when he doesn't deserve it! :)
- Pet my dog each day (she sometimes gets ignored in our busy lives!)
- Call my grandma's more often
- Love myself
I know many of these sound very generic and it is hard to really change something without specifics. I hope to make small changes amount to bigger ones. I hope to find the strength within myself to dream big, to do what I set out to do, and to make these changes in my life for good so that I don't have to live with any regrets as each year passes. I will not live another year unhappy with parts of my life. I will start out this year loving myself and being the woman I was put on this earth to be.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!