Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back into real life

Well, starting yesterday we got back into the school schedule for the kids. Both J and B had school and tomorrow the same. It feels strange getting up and getting everyone ready again after our 1.5 week break. Next week will be even busier with my school starting two nights a week. But routine is what we thrive on, and it's nice getting the kids into bed earlier and up earlier, getting myself ready for the day, and keeping a schedule. I'm doing well on my eating. No binges. I am trying to track my points and I do pretty well up til dinner time. I do not eat anything big after dinner. I do have some sugar free coffee drink or tea or maybe a couple hershey kisses, but it is important for me to not really had access to food after dinner time. If I chose to have a small dessert I must eat it right after dinner and be done with my eating for the night. If I start any other eating later in the night, it spells trouble for me. I am best off just ending my eating at a specific time, no ifs ands or buts. I just need to keep it going, just make it a habit. I know I'm eating over the recommended points for my size, but I'm eating WAY less than I was and I know that has to be better and slowly I can phase out the stuff I shouldn't be eating. Plus, I could do better at portion control, but I do not want to do this drastically because then it will backfire on me.

I plan to ride my bike for 15 min after I'm done here, and also write a bit in my other journal. I have been treating myself to a long hot shower in the evenings, and doing my full facial ritual each night. I think my skin is looking better.

I colored with the kids tonight in their coloring books. B is WAY into coloring, and is so cute, he gets all serious and really stays in all the lines really well, coloring tiny things different colors. He does a great job. J is doing well too, she is very interested in art and writing. She can almost write her name and knows many of her letters.

I can see that many of the neighbors have their lights up still, I guess it is still early, but it kind of cracks me up to see big lit up santas and reindeer now that we in in January. I find it even funnier when I see houses lit up well into February, which we have many around here. Yes, it does get cold and I can understand not wanting to take down the lights just yet, but do they have to be ON??? :)

My decorations are down, except our 3 new nutcrackers ( the kids would not part with them just yet, they love them!) and my mantle is still decorated with pointsetta's and some candles. But nothing Christmassy is left, and I feel great about it. I love to set it up but I'm fine with it being over each year.

Now we have B's birthday to plan. 6 years old. Wow! We have already started the guest list and I must get invites out in the next week or 2. Trouble is, he wants to invite everyone. I mean EVERYONE he knows! He is such a people person and has so many friends. It is cute, but where do I draw the line??

Well, off to ride the bike, REALLY!

No comments: