Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Cheetos are staring me in the face....

I will not eat them. I will not eat them. I want to, as I am hungry. I am used to eating more food than I need to, therefore I will have to go through a few hungry days to shrink my stomach. It really would be easier to rid my house of all junk food as Dr. Phil recommends in his book. However, this is not so easy for me. I have my stepdaughter living her (she is 18) and she loves chips and ice cream. She just moved here and I want to have food she likes. I know it would benefit everyone to eat healthier, but she is a tiny thing (everyone in this house is on the small side except me who is very average). My husband plays basketball and is pretty fit, and does not need to lose any weight. He also enjoys chips and salsa and ice cream and sweets. My 2 little ones are also on the low end of the scale for weight and so I try to keep somewhat healthy food for them. Problem is that I also love granola bars, cereal, cheese etc. So, how do I overcome the strong urge to eat the junk????? I will not do it today. I will overcome for this day, but can I keep going??? Can I resist every time? I want to eat healthy, I want to feel good about myself. I don't want to sabotage myself each and every time. I am sick of it. I just LOVE food. I love all kinds of food, and I love to eat. I don't know WHY I love it, I wish very badly for it to take a back seat in my life. I know my relationship with food is NOT healthy. I really want to change it. I want to eat to live, not vice versa.

Today I had cereal before church, and of course hubby wanted to go to Embers afterwards. I did well, I think. I ordered the turkey burger and ate half of it, with only one side of the bun. I also had a small side salad but didn't eat much of it. I then had some 100 calorie cookies this afternoon. I need to add more fruit/veggies. Maybe for dinner I'll try to do that. I also drink hot tea and water throughout the day. Restaurants are hard too, too much temptation.

Anyway, de-lurker week was not too busy here! I had 3 posts. I am guessing maybe 5 people read this blog. Maybe I need to post more on other blogs to get more traffic here. Who knows. I guess it doesn't really matter too much. I just expected a few more comments. Oh well...I will keep on going and keep on trying and keep on writing... :)

No comments: