Monday, January 02, 2006

The Beginning........

What I did well today:
  • I bought a journal, and actually wrote in it! The old fashioned way with real paper and pen!
  • I did not overeat!
  • I did ride the stationary bike for 15 minutes! (starting out slow as to not burn out)
  • I bought 2 cute scarf type things (not even sure how to wear them) on clearance that I would never typically buy myself! I think they are to be worn as a belt, or in hair like a head band, or around neck.... One is black with some sequins and one is a peach color with cool beads on the ends. They were $2.48 each at 75% off!
  • I did not snack after dinner.
  • I played a game with the kids, and it was even educational!
  • I did not lose my temper.
  • I did not fight with my husband, even once, today!
  • I made a nice meal for dinner!
  • I just pet my dog :) (thanks for the comment, you know who you are!) :)

Things I could improve on:

  • I thought about food a lot, I'm really trying to get over this obsession but having trouble. Been reading the Dr. Phil book, but not sure it's sinking in....

I feel so happy when I have a good day. I feel proud of myself. I am not sure what makes me (or others out there) sabatage ourselves and be bad when we know we feel so much better when we are good (most of this pertains to food and working out, but can also relate to everything else in our lives). I wonder what makes humans do things that make them upset. We sure are a complicated creature! :)

Good night!

No comments: