Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year. New Me. Lifestyle Makeover 2006!

Jan 1, 2006. Wow, can't believe that it is 2006! I will be turning 32 this year. Young by many standards but still I am getting older. I truly am a woman now, well into my 30's and no turning back. I am not a kid anymore, and I need to start treating myself like the person I want to be. I have to give to myself what I give to others. I deserve to be a happy, strong, confident woman. There are several areas of my life that I want to improve upon. There are also many things that I love about my life. This year, 2006, I would like to:

  • Get in better shape by exercising more regularly. I would like to aim for using the stationary bike 3 times a week, and by summer be able to walk the 3 mile loop 3-4 times a week.
  • Eat a more balance diet including more fruit, vegetables, and less junk food (cut WAY back on chips and chocolate/dessert foods)
  • Eat smaller portions, using weight watcher points as a guide
  • Do things for my well being, like getting a pedicure, buying something for myself, spending a day alone or with friends, drinking tea to relax etc etc...
  • Spend more quality time with my children each day. Do something of their choosing each day.
  • Treat my husband like the best friend that he is. Treat him with kindness, respect, and dignity, even when he doesn't deserve it! :)
  • Pet my dog each day (she sometimes gets ignored in our busy lives!)
  • Call my grandma's more often
  • Love myself

I know many of these sound very generic and it is hard to really change something without specifics. I hope to make small changes amount to bigger ones. I hope to find the strength within myself to dream big, to do what I set out to do, and to make these changes in my life for good so that I don't have to live with any regrets as each year passes. I will not live another year unhappy with parts of my life. I will start out this year loving myself and being the woman I was put on this earth to be.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think those all sound perfectly wonderful! Happy 2006!

PS. I smiled when you included your dog in your resolutions. I think that's awesome!