Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

The kids are in bed, so tired they could hardly stand it. What a busy 2 days, with a busy 2 more to come. Last night we spent Xmas eve at my parents house. We waited for my brother and sister in law to arrive from Michigan, then the chaos started. The kids just were waiting and waiting to open their gifts. And boy were there gifts. So many that it is almost crazy. We tell people every year to please just buy them something small, or some clothes or pajamas, but people just can't resist over-buying. I had to restrain myself to not buy my neices and kids lots of gifts, but I did pretty well. Anyway, despite my efforts, they came home with more than enough, with Christmas morning awaiting them. We got home late last night and I put the kids to bed. They were still wired up from all the excitement. I got them down about 11 pm after putting out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. I then got their gifts all set under the tree. Like I said, I didn't buy much so it wasn't too much work. They got 4 gifts each and 2 small stocking stuffers. They opened all their Santa gifts, then we had to rush to get ready for 10am church. Of course they didn't want to leave their toys but I insisted this year. It's time my kids started the tradition of going to church on Christmas. It is the real reason for the holiday and I want them to know why we celebrate. We had a nice church service and then we came home to prepare the meal for 10 adults and 2 kids. It turned out pretty well, and I think people enjoyed the food. We then talked and played with toys and took many picture of everyone. It is also B's birthday today, he is 43 years old. It always seems to take a back seat to Christmas, and for that I always feel bad. I wanted to make it special. I made a special cake just for him, and we sang to him. I also bought him a card and will buy him Timberwolves tickets.

Tomorrow we are off to see the relatives in Iowa for 2 days. There, the kids will get even more presents and then we come home to start real life again. Hopefully we can get in some relaxation before school starts up again. I start Jan 10 and will have class 2 nights a week like before.

At this time of year I want to take a moment to write down how grateful I am for all I have in my life. I have my health, my home, and most importantly my wonderful family. My husband who is all I could ever ask for and my children who make my life complete. And I am a lucky woman.

God Bless

No comments: