Monday, August 08, 2005

My "Adults Only" Weekend

Well, I am back from my adults only weekend away from the kids. It was relaxing, fun and much needed. We only get away from the kids for overnight weekends a few times a year so it is always a great time. I do get a little anxious when I'm away from them, which I shouldn't, but I can't help it. We are together so much, the kids and I, that I feel weird when we are apart.

We went on a boat trip down the river with 3 other couples. We stop at some bars on the way, have a great catered dinner at a fancy hotel that night, and visit a local craft fair during the day. The weather was awesome, sunny and hot. We even got in the water and swam around for a bit.

I was very happy to see the kids again on Sunday. They had a great time, were spoiled of course at Grandma and Papa's house!

My husband had to leave this morning for a week long work trip, so that is a little depressing. We thought about going with him, since he is going to where his family is from. However, he will be working long hours, and we would probably be without a car all day and I just don't want to be stuck at his mom's house doing nothing for 5 days straight. I feel so guilty about not going, I know he wanted me to, but I just have to be at home where I can do things. I would have gone for a few days but 5 days was too much. I would have had to pack for me and the kids also late last night. Am I a terrible wife??? I have a huge guilt complex. I always feel bad about one thing or another, I wish I was stronger when it came to doing what is right for ME.

Anyway, the kids are wanting some breakfast I supposed I should get going. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen,

After reading your blog "My ", I believe you will find the acne information on my site about Cause of Adult Acne to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Clear Acne
Home Remedy For Acne
How To Get Rid of Acne
Natural Acne Treatment
Skin Care Acne Cosmetic
Baby Acne
Cystic Acne
Acne Vulgaris
Acne Riosacea.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on acne and skin care topics in our Best Acne Treatment site.

Kind Regards