Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First Day of School....

for me, that is. I start my classes today. Tonight I have Anatomy and Physiology II lab and lecture. On Thursday I have my first class meeting for Interpersonal Communications. I am taking this online so there are only 2 real in person classes. Yay! I have to do a speech at the 2nd one, yuck. But I hope I can keep up with 2 classes. This is the first time since having kids that I've taken 2 classes at once. Granted, I used to take 5 classes when I was in college when I was much younger, and always did fine. But back then I had study time whenever I wanted, could catch up on sleep whenever I wanted, and just plain had my whole day to myself. Those of you with kids know that is no longer the case!! It is challenging to find time to do my schoolwork and study with all the kids stuff, playdates, school, housework, and exercising I have to do each day. I want to still exercise as much as I can, despite our crazy life this fall. I need to do that for myself.

So, soon all of us will be in school. B in kindergarten, J in preschool, and me in college! Oh, and I also volunteered to teach Church School again this year. I did B last year and will do J this year. So, the kids have that each sunday. I hope it isn't too much for them. I think I have decided to not do any extracurricular activies for the kids this fall. We may do swimming if it is once a week on a good day, but nothing else. I think the adjustment to school will be exhausting enough. This winter we will for sure do swimming and possibly gynmastics or karate. It always depends on the days they are offered. With me at school T,Th we have to work around that, DH is gone so much I have to be able to bring them to everything.

Well, I best get us ready for the day. We have swimming this morning then I have to get to the school to get my books, then drop the kids at grandma and papa's house. Busy day!!!!

note: did 3 miles last night with J in stroller and B on bike. I was SO proud of him, he didn't think he could do it, but he did!! We stopped at the park half way and played. Unfortunately, even though I ate GREAT yesterday and did my walk, I am 130.5. Gained 1/2 lb. I think it is going to go down tomorrow though, I feel a little bloated for some reason. I don't think it is an actual gain, but still discouraging.

No comments: