Friday, August 12, 2005

Update

We went to the beach today with a neighbor and her 2 kids. It was a little chilly and windy but they had fun playing in the sand. Then B had 2 neighbor friends over. He loves to have friends over. J is still going in the potty great. I hope it continues. She is such a big girl. She just had a major tantrum because she is trying to communicate something to me and I don't know what she wants. She keeps saying "you know, colorful rectangles". It is something she played with and I don't know what it is but she really wants it. I feel so bad about not knowing what it is, she gets so frustrated. She has a very short temper lately. She is 3 and that is how 3 yr olds are.

I am getting nervous about all the things coming up this fall. J possibly starting preschool, which we really can't afford but I really would like her to go. B starting Kindergarten, me starting 2 classes towards my nursing career. I have never done 2 at one time so I hope I can do it, plus still have time for my responsibilities as a wife, mother and homemaker. I also have a concert at the state fair coming up, a girls weekend that I possibly won't be able to go on, and a wedding oct 1. Plus 2 birthday parties later this month.

DH travels a lot and it is wearing him and me down. He works so hard, and we hardly make enough to get by. He never gets a raise or any overtime for all his work. He travels at least 50% of the time, and it just gets old. I hate not having money for things like school and activities for the kids. I don't need a luxurious lifestyle, I just want to not worry about every penny. I want my kids to be involved in activites and have hobbies that we can support them in as they get older. I want to be able to buy a new outfit every once in a while. I want to go on a trip with my family and not worry. I want to just be comfortable. I wish money were never an issue.

Well, DH will be home soon and I better get the house in order. I like to have things in order when he gets home, to make it easier to enjoy our weekend. Oh, I forgot to add I may have to get a weekend job, which then takes away our little family time we do have together. Life is a bummer right now.

Until next week....

No comments: