Tuesday, August 16, 2005

small changes

I was 129.5 this morning. No loss, but not really considered a gain and I'm still under 130 which is good. I would love to be 120 and it is do-able I think but tough for me to get below 125 without going back to my old ways. I did walk the past 2 days so I feel good about that. I did 3 miles with some neighbors on Sun night and then last night I walked to my sunday school teacher meeting, probably 1.5 miles round trip. I have not had any binges either. Today so far I've eaten:

1 mint zone bar
1 slice low cal meatloaf (1/2 turkey 1/2 lean gr beef)
1 slice low cal/high fiber bread
1 slice lf cheese
ketchup
1 small muffin

I plan to eat light the rest of the day because of the muffin, I shouldn't have had that. Oh well, at least I only had 1, and the other 3 are on the stove. I made them for DH and the kids this morning. I probably should do the no carb thing for a week or so to get it out of my system but I did it this summer and felt very weak and crabby for a few days. I think I'm going to just try to watch the kinds of carbs for now.

I plan to keep walking when I can. I start school next week but I still have time during the day. I can walk with the stroller and B on his bike to the park 1.5 miles away. It's just getting the motivation to actually do it. The kids have swimming every morning also so that takes up our morning time. J sometimes takes afternoon naps but not every day. I do try with her most days and she probably takes a nap 50% of the time, and just reads/talks to herself the other 50%.

The kids are doing great in swimming. The both love it. J is the littlest in her class but she is quite brave. She will go under and jump off the side and some of the bigger kids don't do that yet. B can swim underwater and is learning to float and do some strokes. I hope they improve in these 2 weeks, so that they can pass on to the next level.

It is a beautiful, hot day and I think we are going to do something as a family tonight. Not sure what yet but we'll figure something out!

No comments: