Thursday, December 07, 2006

I am such a bad blogger

I am terrible at this blogging thing. I am not sure why. God knows I'm on the computer enough. I mean, how hard would it be to type up a quick entry every day or even every other day. I don't know why I don't. I hate it when I read blogs and they never post anything new. And I do the same thing!!! Must get better at blogging!

Not much new here. Feeling burnt out from school. Feeling the Christmas rush. I went to the store this week and it was a madhouse. People everywhere searching for their Xmas gifts, food, etc. The lines were horrendous. The craziness of the season is here in full force. I actually enjoy most of Christmas. I like to buy gifts and find/make that special thing for people. I do not have a lot of people to buy for. I have our parents, the kids, girlfriends (we draw a name for our annual Xmas party - this sunday!) , teachers, and our 2 grandma's. I sometimes need a little something for someone but I don't really have to buy too much. I know some people who have to buy like 30 gifts. That is CRAZY!! Why not draw names?? Our siblings do not exchange gifts with each other (yay!) and so we save the money for ourselves. I also do some buying for charity each year. We always do Operation Christmas Child boxes, a boy and a girl one. We got those done at least a month ago. We usually just put a few small toys, some necessities like soap etc, and some hard candy. The MOPS club sponsered a family and I picked out 2 turtlenecks for the mom. B's class is also sponsering a family so today I got a small toy for the 2 kids and some bath products for the mom. I enjoy spending some money on families that really need it. The most fun for me is finding gifts for the kids. Don't get me wrong, they do not get much. But I do make sure they get what they really like and want. I get them each probably 2 Santa gifts, and 1-2 gifts from us. I also get some fun stocking stuff. B will get some star wars stuff and J some doll stuff and a princess computer. I might have to try to find the G.I. Joe figures B is wanting but they are older and I'm not sure I can find them anymore. Oh, I also made wine charms for my girlfriends and for others I need a small gift for. (neighbors, etc). I am not done with all of them but I got about 8 sets of 4 made. So easy and so cute too! We got our tree up last week, a real one too! DH surprised me with getting one when I was at school. We got lights all over, from the living room to each kids' room! They love it, staring at the lights as they drift off!! We haven't done any baking since I'm too busy with school still. I have 2 finals then a month off. CAN'T WATI!!!!!

1 comment:

me said...

I haven't done any baking yet either but that is due to my diet. I will have to do some this weekend for our MOPS group and then start the pretzel stix for the mailman and garbageman. We still have the majority of stuff to get for the kids but we have their big gifts and that is what matters to me b/c I can make up the rest. LOL I'm glad you are having what sounds like a great holiday season. Enjoy your tree I think we'll do a real one next year when we'll be here to enjoy it. Don't stress about the blogging thing, you do quite well compared to a lot and considering how busy you are. I'm a straight SAHM and still only get a few a week done. Good luck on your finals and happy shopping!