Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas time!

The anticipation for Christmas has peaked around here. The kids are looking forward to the holiday. They eagerly put on their advent stickers each morning, and count down to how many days are left. They know all about the religious aspect of Christmas but I suspect that the gifts under the tree have a little something to do with their excitement. We had J's program at preschool yesterday afternoon. How cute it is to see all those 4/5 yr olds singing holiday songs. They all lined up and did their little dances and songs and were cute as can be. J did really well and looked very adorable in her red and white dress with a bun in her hair. She is one of the littler/younger kids. She looked at me throughout the whole program. I gave her a thumbs up sign, and she did it back to me with a little wink. What a character she is. I went with my parents, niece, and husband. She had quite the crowd watching her. The pastor of the church then read the Christmas story to the kids and they had a little gift exchange. It was a nice time. B had pajama day in school today. Most of the public schools around here don't celebrate a specific holiday, which I guess is fine by me. It would be fun if they got to, but he doesn't know any different I guess. The pajamas are excitement enough.

I am just about done shopping. I had to buy some lotion for great grandma. She is out, according to MIL and so I picked that up this morning. I got the kid's gifts from us wrapped last night (2 toys and one gift of clothes each). I now have to just wrap the Santa gifts on Sunday night (2 toys and stocking stuffers). Sounds like my parents got the kids some nice gifts, they will be so excited. B has specific things he has been asking for. J really doesn't have anything specific she wants. She likes everything. B wants a Gameboy, star wars legos, star wars figures, and a light saber. J just likes anything to do with babies or dolls and coloring/drawing. They both like games but I don't think they are getting any this year (they have a ton of board games).

The weather here is not too great today. We have had freezing rain all morning and afternoon. I've been watching for school closings on TV. It looks pretty bad. I am hoping for some snow this weekend. The weather has been very mild for December which is nice but the kids really want some snow to play in!

Wishing you all a very happy holiday!

No comments: