Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Wrapup

The big day is now over and now on to normal life again!! I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but I also like getting back to our normal routine. Although we won't be back to normal until next week and the kids return to school. We had a nice holiday. Low key, not too overboard. We really cut back on gifts this year, and so did the grandparents, who usually go way overboard. It was great. I don't have too many toys to find places for in our house. B got his beloved gameboy. Yes, he loves his video games. We had told him he probably wouldn't get one, but then Santa decided to get it for him on the condition that he continues to do well in school and works on his handwriting. (he has been writing very messy lately on his school work). He also got some clothes, small lego set, and star wars figures. Some of the grandparent presents are staying in their packages until a later date. He also got a couple movies, which we will watch later. J's favorite gift is the triplet dolls she got from my parents. I got her the stroller to go with them. It is funny, these dolls don't do anything, don't cry or move or anything. They are very simple and cute. She loves these dolls!! She also got a princess computer, clothes, movies, and a cute princess chair from my brother. I forgot to add that B got a VideoNow player, which I'm not sure how much he will use, and a MP3 player from my brother!! He has no idea what an MP3 player is, so now I have one to use! I've been wanting one so it will be fun to have. I got some money and that is about it. We don't do presents for the adults in the family since it is basically just exchanging money. We may use some of our money to pay for my tuition/books (boring) and do something fun as a family. We all saw the movie "Night at the Museum" last week and that was fun. I'd like to do something else while we are all on break. Not sure what though. We need to save the money for things we really need.

I'm back on the weight loss bandwagon AGAIN. Gets pretty old going back and forth. Makes me so depressed. But I guess going back and forth is better than gaining and gaining and gaining and not doing anything about it. At least I do something about it some of the time :) I am not sure how I will fit any exercise into my life. I thought about looking into the Anytime Fitness place here in town but I know that we can't afford another monthly payment as much as I should do it for myself. I seem to only do well when I can walk outside (like this summer when I was down to an all time low weight). I hate the bike I have in the basement. It was my dads from the 70's. SO OLD and so boring and I hate it. I would love a treadmill but can't afford that. I hate work out tapes. I have tried many and I just can't stick with them. I've heard of something that is like a slider workout. You put these sliding discs on your feet and do some tape or something. I will have to check that out, but I really don't want to put money into anything since my past record shows that it doesn't pan out. I'm just starting better eating today and we'll see about the exercise and how I can work that in. Depressing!
I found the website, anyone hear of these???
http://www.glidingdiscs.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of them but they look like a knee accident waiting to happen! I managed to only gain one pound while on vaca (yay for the stomach flu! haha) and am back on the wagon with you. ick :P
Glad to hear you had a great holiday and everyone is happy with what they got! Good luck finding something fun to do with the fam before school starts back up for you!