Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Do not cave into the pressure!!!

The new, hot toy this year is the Zhu Zhu pet hamster. A pretty silly toy from the looks of it, but could be something fun for the right kid. My daughter, age 7, loves animals. She has a few of those Fur Real pets and really likes those. Her number one request from Santa this year was a big realistic robotic cat named LuLu (Fur Real). I found it on sale, and Santa will be bringing her LuLu, much to my dismay. This cat kind of creeps me out. Anyway, these new hot Zhu Zhu's look right up her alley, and for $8.99 I decided to try to find out. I have not mentioned them much to her because I know they are really hard to find in the stores. Anyway, every so often I'll check online or at the store to see if I can get lucky. No such luck. I want to tell everyone who is buying these silly toys for $40, $50, or more, to STOP!!!! This is the reason that no one else can get these toys for their kids. The ebay'ers and craigslisters are stalking the stores, stalking the online sites, and buying them all out before anyone else can get them. They are then marking up the prices by 400% or more and trying to sell them (and succeeding) to all the stupid people willing to pay this much for a TOY. HAMSTER. A tiny, not even so cute, robotic hamster. People GET REAL!!! This is a toy!!! Not even a really amazing one at that. STOP paying $50 for these things, then we could all get them. Does it not make sense? If everyone stops buying them for these ridiculous prices, then there would be no need for the childless 60 yr old male to buy 100 of them off the shelf and try to mark them up to make a fast buck. It frustrates me to no end. Get a grip people.

No comments: