Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

Pictures to come later!!! I received a new Canon Powershot for my xmas gift (picked out and ordered off amazon by yours truely). I love it so far, but have to figure out downloading. I have lots of xmas shots to post.

Recap:
Dec 23: Stepdaughter arrives from Texas and stepson from Iowa. First time in so long that we have all been together with all the kids for the holidays. And first time they have been here for xmas. They settle into the basment.

Dec 24: xmas eve at my side, my parents house. Not too big of a group: my family, my brother and neice, my parents, my aunt and uncle, and my one cousin. I don't see my cousin often so that was a nice surprise that she was there. We watched the kids open presents and had prime rib, wine, and lots of desserts. Drove home in the snow and got the cookies out for santa. Jenna wrote him a note. Kids in bed before 11 so that was good in my opinion. They were very excited!

Dec 25: xmas day, snowed in! The kids didn't wake up until 7:30 and 8:00 so that was later than I expected. They took turns unwrapping presents and we played all day in our PJ's. My parents came over and we had chili for a late lunch. Very relaxing day. No stress, no travel, no worry. Brian spent much of the day shoveling and snowblowing. It was a winter wonderland!

Dec 27: stepkids went home :( Quiet in the house. Played in the snow with the kids, built a fort, sled down the hill in the back. Another day at home. Getting stir crazy.

Dec 28: taking down xmas stuff. Trees still up though. Will tackle that later. Went out shopping a bit. Got a few xmas items for next year. Feel some relief it is over but also sad it is over. You know how that is. The kids have lots of fun new stuff to play with. I have to work Thur, fri, and Sat. Bummer but so nice to have this long break.

Merry Christmas. Another great one for us, lots of fun memories!

No comments: