Monday, December 14, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas

Actually, 11 days left and counting. The kids wake up every morning and open their advent calendar door for the day, eating their little chocolate first thing, even before breakfast! The are so excited for Christmas. I am sad that one day it won't hold this same magic for them, but right now it is so fun to see their excitement. I have most of my cards sent, most of my presents wrapped, tree up and decorated since after thanksgiving, lights up, and we are all set. I am so excited that I have xmas off this year, and after working this weekend I will have until new years eve off from work. I am determined to NOT stress this year, to enjoy my family, to "go with the flow" without any expectations. To just be in the moment. I want to treasure these moments with my children. Create memories for them to hold onto.

Tonight after brushing teeth, I told them "meet me by the Christmas tree" and we sat under the tree and read "The 12 Days of Christmas". We have the super cool pop up book and the kids love it. Each year we try to read a lot of Christmas books in the days leading up to the big day. We were all singing the song and having fun. My husband is out of town for work, so it is just the kids and I this week. It is hard for me when he is gone, because I get overtired from not sleeping well and having to do all the house and kids stuff. My goal is to get through the week without getting too crabby and just trying to have fun with the kids in the evenings. I think we succeeded tonight.

No comments: