Wednesday, April 02, 2008

So frustrated

4:30 - leave house to bring kids to grandma's so I can go to class
5:30-8:00 - at class
8:15 - get a call from grandma telling me J says her ear hurts
8:30 - pick up kids and try to get out of there quick to make it to urgent care
9:10 - get to urgent care near home to find out they close at 9:00
9:15 - try another urgent care in town - closed, decide to drive to neighboring town 20 minutes away, not even sure if urgent care will be open but J crying uncontrollably, have to do something
9:40 - reach urgent care, it is open until 10!
10:00 - leave urgent care with 2 prescriptions. Double ear infection
10:05 - reach pharmacy, closed at 10:00 pm
10:20 - back in home town, hoping one of the 3 pharmacies are open
10:45 - have tried all 3, none are open. Tylenol from urgent care working a bit, J feeling better, falls asleep
10:50 - decide to go home and get through the night on tylenol/ibuprofen and get prescription in AM. All that work to find an urgent care and no medicine to take home. Could have waited until AM and see dr in town by appt. Very frustrated
11:00 - get kids in bed. Very tired kids and mom. No husband in town to help out
11:30 - about to go to bed. J wakes up crying in pain
11:45 - looking online for 24 hr pharmacy. About to get both kids in truck to get the meds
11:50 - J falls asleep again. I crawl in bed with her.
12:00 am - J wakes again moaning. I ask her if she wants to get the medicine but she does not want to get up. Give another dose motrin and hope for the best
12:15 - J asleep again. I'm wide awake yet exhausted.
12:30 - I decide to sleep in J's bed (it's a double thankfully). I eventually fall asleep.
Wake a few times at night. No terrible crying, but some uncomfortable moaning. Poor baby.
7 am - J is up and her ears hurt. I give another dose Motrin
7:30 am - both kids up watching cartoons. I'm exhausted and can't seem to get up.
8:00 am - I finally drag myself out of bed and shower. Call school absence line for J, make breakfast for B, make B's lunch
8:30 - J throws up the motrin all over her pants (luckily in the kitchen, not on carpet!)
8:45 - leave to drop B off at school.
9:00 - get to pharmacy down the street. Get prescriptions filled. J says she is feeling better (motrin that stayed in???)
9:15 - go to McD to get some DVD's for the day at home
9:30 - arrive home, have J eat a little something before giving antibiotics and ear drops
9:45 - put in DVD and make J a bed on living room floor.
10:00 - get out my homework that I am going to attempt to do during the day off and on, probably not with much luck.
11:00 - J watching movie, looking tired
I'm hoping for a nap today and really hoping we all sleep more tonight!!! The joys of motherhood! And why do these things happen at the worst time when DH is out of town?? I was just so frustrated! At least it is just an ear infection. Could be worse!

No comments: