Tuesday, April 01, 2008

ordering for next year

I decided today to search online for a winter coat for myself for next year. Since we have winter here from about October until April, I really wear my winter coats a LOT! I have had the same boring black one for about 7 years or more. I can remember buying it when I used to work downtown. It is really plain and boring, and just old. I also have a white coat (what was I thinking) that I wear often but it is white and I do wear makeup which seems to get on the collar. It isn't my favorite thing to wear and if I remember right I spent about $10 on it!! So, I searched and found the website overstock.com and ended up ordering 2 coats for what I feel is a pretty good deal. Hopefully I will be able to use them a lot in the winters to come!

I got this one in red:
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing/Jou-Jou-Detachable-Faux-Fur-Trim-Hooded-Jacket/2929412/product.html

I also found this one and really liked it so I splurged:
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing/Marcelle-Renee-Belted-Womens-Wool-Coat/2929420/product.html

I really probably do not need 2 coats but I promise I won't buy any for many years!!! Let's hope they are warm. MN winters call for warm coats.

I really want to find a coat for B for next year, along with winter boots. I missed all the clearance sales at the stores. He really needs some good winter boots that are able to dry out by the next day. I'd prefer ones with a liner that is removable and can be dried. I searched a bit online with no success. He will need a new coat next year also. I found one for J but missed the boys coats I guess. And the snowpants always go quickly and I missed out on those for both kids. Bummer. I may find something at some garage sales this summer. I will keep my eyes open. Last year I found some snowpants for J which she used all winter. Luckily, they can usually wear the same coats for about 2 years before needing a new one. I am trying to talk J into wearing some hand me down coats from B, even though they are quite "boyish". They are nice and warm though!!

One thing I used a ton this year are some boots I got for myself at Targ*t. They are suede and fur lined and only $20. They were put to good use on those cold snowy days. In fact, I wore them today!! Ugg's are a big thing here but not in my price range!!

So, as spring approaches I prepare for the cold of next winter. Let's hope for a nice warm summer in the meantime, even if we only get a couple months of warmth!

2 comments:

me said...

LOVE those coats! I'm off to check out overstock now!
p.s. My hubby calls them 'Ugg-lies.' ;)

Anonymous said...

Love both coats. Man, I'm impressed and humbled by how much winter gear you guys need just for every day use.