Tuesday, April 08, 2008

34

Today I am 34 years old. I don't know where the years have gone!! I still feel like I am 18 years old sometimes!! I am happy and content to be in my 30's and have so much to look forward to. I have the life I always dreamed of, or even more. I have a loving family, 2 beautiful and healthy kids, wonderful friends, a roof over my head, and my health. I have food to eat, clothes to wear and money to spend. I am a lucky woman.

I am spending my birthday kid-less (both at schools) and studying for a big exam tomorrow. Not the most exciting day but that is ok. I don't want or need much. I just am happy to be here! I came home from class last night to find a trail of computer printed letters down the hall and up the stairs saying: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM. WE LOVE YOU!" What a nice surprise. That is all I need.

I have to admit I did do some shopping for myself this year. More than usual. The coats (see post below, they still have not arrived...), and I ordered myself this makeup kit:
http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?cartItem=1&productId=624&t=incompleteKit&cartId=
If you like mineral makeup, this company is great. They have really affordable makeup and great quality. I have tried drugstore brands and I either break out or don't like the color or how it wears throughout the day. Since starting to wear mineral makeup, my skin has cleared up a lot and I break out a lot less and when I do it is not as bad as it used to be when I used regular liquid foundation. I got my makeup yesterday and have been trying my new colors out. The stuff I got should last me a long time. The sizes are really generous and you get so much for your money.

My other gifts also include new blinds (ordered online also from http://www.selectblinds.com/, which DH is going to install for me. I am excited for the new look. And we put this on reserve at the local video game store: http://e3nin.nintendo.com/wii_fit.html. It is the new WII Fit game, coming out in May. I have read and heard really good things about it, and hope it is something I can incorporate into my workout. Plus, the whole family can have fun with it. So, I am spoiled this year.

J came in this AM and gave me a piece of her gum and a bottle of her nail polish. Orange nail polish! She is so sweet.

I better get back to studying. Here's to another great year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! ...and many more... :)

Charm Bracelet said...

Happy Birthday, J!!!