Monday, October 02, 2006

124 lb and breathing a sigh of relief

10:30 pm here, I really really should be in bed. I am so exhausted. But I cannot fall asleep this early. I am used to staying up until at least 11:30/12 studying. If I go up to bed I will just lie there awake, and even worse is that my husband is out of town all week and I hate nights alone. I get all freaked out and worry about things and it is so quiet and erie in the house. I hate when he is gone, which unfortunately is way too often. I drove him to the airport today, and he will be coming home Friday. And what luck, I have school all weekend. Yuck!

Anyway, my test tonight was hard. Very hard. I felt somewhat prepared going in, and felt all weird while taking it. First, there was a speaker in the next room using a microphone and it was loud. I got to move into the lab, but it was pretty loud in there as well. You could hear people talking in the hall and just very unnerving to me. I like quiet while taking a test. Anyway, I was having problems with some of the questions. More than usual. Usually I can get through almost all of them and then I go back and try to figure out the ones I didn't know. Well this time, I just couldn't make up my mind on answers. I hate that. I went through that test like 3 times. I finally circled my best guesses and turned it in. Everyone was saying how hard it was, and people were almost in tears. I know it was hard but I knew I did ok. Well, I did better than I thought and got a 93%. I was going to be happy with a B, and I got a low A. I am relieved, and must be a good guesser!!

Not much else is new here. It was beautiful weather here today, for october. It is usually pants/jackets weather this time of year, but today the kids had shorts on. It was great. Soon enough I will be getting out the hats, mittens, snowpants, boots. That reminds me that B needs new snowpants this year. I saw some at the store for $20! I have to find some cheaper than that, especially since they will last 1 year most likely. Poor J will always have boring black or navy snowpants, not cute pink or purple because I will not be buying her a different pair when I have a perfectly good pair of black ones! Or maybe if I find some at a garage sale or something maybe she will get girly ones!! I do not look forward to freezing cold mornings trying to get 2 kids in their snow gear, heating up the car for 15 minutes, trying to fit all the wet stuff somewhere in the mud room.

The only good thing about winter is Christmas. The kids are already talking about it. They each will only really get to ask for a couple things this year. We don't buy them too much, and ask family to not buy them much either. B wants a kids video camera (anyone know if there is such a thing?) and a light saber. J wants a bald cabbage patch baby and a robe like mine. Yes, a robe. She is a unique child! :) They also pick out a nutcracker for our collection that we started last year.

Oh, we also got our costumes ready for Halloween. B is going to be Anakin Skywalker and J is going to be Cinderella. She already had the dress from her birthday so that worked out. I will just have to put sweatshirts and sweatpants on under it. And gloves probably. They really love to dress up so they love halloween. I will wear my witch hat to hand out candy.

Well, I'm going to try to sleep!

1 comment:

me said...

No, not a good GUESSER, just a smart woman! Give yourself some credit, chica, you deserve it. A 93% on a test that made some people cry!? That's awesome! Congrats to you, that's got to be a great ego booster. I'm sorry to hear that by the time your hubby gets home you'll barely get to see him but at least the kiddos get some quality time with him! :)
It was hot here the past few days too and I was not happy about it! LOL I want Fall at the very least and am fully ready for Winter to just blow right in! I love snow and dressing warmly, etc. I feel the same about clothes but having the girl first makes it much harder to hand down clothes, so for that I envy you the boy to girl trade!