Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pulling Teeth and Becoming a Working Mom??

We had kind of a traumatic experience this week. B has been complaining about his teeth hurting on one side the past couple weeks. I attributed it to his molars that are coming in. Well, on sun and mon nights, he woke up crying and complaining about his teeth. At this point, I asked him which teeth hurt exactly. He pointed to one on the top that had a filling in it. Not good. I took him in on monday afternoon and they said he probably needed it drilled out some more because the nerve was getting irritated. We scheduled an appointment for next week. That night it was a lot worse so I got him in the next day to get it taken care of. Our original dentist took a look at it, and said the best option was to pull the molar out and put in a spacer until he is 11/12 and the adult tooth comes in. Well, B was not happy to hear this and all the pulling and pressure during the procedure was pretty traumatic for the little guy. I felt so bad that I let him pick out a star wars figure at the store after. He now is a little puffy but not too sore and slept fine the past 2 nights. Let's hope we don't have any more dental procedures!

On another note, I am thinking of applying for a summer nurse internship this coming summer. I have heard the competition is very high and my chances of actually getting one are probably slim but I'm going to try anyway. It would be 10-12 weeks of working with an RN and would be probably 36-40 hr/week. Not something I am used to, and more hours than I'd want to work, but an experience I couldn't pass up. The probably is the childcare for the kids. I could probably find teens to do most of it, but most of my pay would be going to daycare. But like I said the experience would be more than worth it. If I don't get one, which I probably won't, then I may get a part time nursing assistant job for the summer. Would look good on the resume that I had some health care setting experience, plus it would be nice to work with patients over the summer and keep my skills up. Lots to think about.

1 comment:

me said...

UGH! That is too bad about the tooth, T had a friend who had the same problem but she's only FOUR! I hope this is the last of it for him, poor thing! Good luck getting that internship! Even if would put a strain on the fam in the long run it would be so beneficial! Keep us posted on your summer plans...crazy to think of planning that far ahead! :)