Thursday, September 28, 2006

123.5

Just got back from grandma's house. J is sleeping in the car (I can see her) and I am just in checking email and picking up around the house until B gets home from school. I have so much studying to do the next few days. Big Theory test monday. I got 14/15 on my med term test. So exxcited to get that one done. I got both my interviews done for my paper/presentation so now I will just have to write up the papers next week. I am feeling like I am accomplishing things, but it is just so much work every single week. Not like the classes I had before when you'd be busy for a week, then have 2 weeks of not so busy. It is constant. But I am proud of myself for doing this and I really do love what I'm learning. I can't wait to be a nurse! I'm looking into some doula courses, either birth doula or postpartum doula. Obviously I have no time to do it now, but possibly over summer break. I'd love to do that part time while going to school. I love helping other moms, and would love to get some breastfeeding support hours (I'd eventually like to be a certified lactation consultant). Anyway, just another thing on my list of things to do with my life!

This weekend I plan to spend some quality time with the kids. I would like to take B to a movie, or do something one on one with him as I am with J much more now that he has school full time. I am going to start volunteering in his room on wednesdays to help with math time. I am excited to see how he is in school this year. I also plan to have lunch with him tomorrow. I try to go to lunch with him at least a couple times a month. It is fun to meet his friends, and interact with him in that setting. I am so proud of how big and independent he is getting. Every day I drop him off at the crossing guard, and he never looks back. Sometimes I sit and wait to see if he will glance back at me, and he never does. I am sad and happy all at once. Sad that he is now so independent and doesn't need me like he used to , but also happy because as a mother I think our goal is to make them comfortable and independent. It is hard though, to let go.

I better go check on J.

2 comments:

me said...

I can't tell you how many times I've had the kiddos fall asleep in the car and I've dashed in to do a few things before they woke up. I love fall for this reason b/c you don't have to worry about heat, just about them waking up and being scared or if you're parked outside, someone bothering the vehicle. I hope she had a great nap!
YAY for your good test results and here's to the same from Monday. Do you get a real summer break? My hubby's RT program (very similar to nursing) stepped up the clinicals during the summer when it stopped classes...but his was a strict 2 year program that had only recently been a 2.5 year program. Good luck finding somewhere to volunteer for some breastfeeding support hours and CONGRATS on molding such a confident little man, Jen! GOOD JOB! :)

Charm Bracelet said...

You are really doing well with managing your weight. I think being aware of the # helps you stay on top of it. I never weighed myself before I started my diet/exercise plan back in May. We've talked about this a lot, but we still can't figure out what's up with the -.50 pound after the shower. I have the same result every single morning. I now weigh myself before and after, just to keep up with the game. Weird!