Sunday, March 09, 2008

Why did I have to open my big mouth?

If you look at my last post you will know what I am talking about. I had to just go on about the 4 lb right?? Well, after that the stomach virus went through our house and I got hit. I ended up losing those 4 lb, and not in a way that I wish to re-live! I would rather have the 4 lb than to be sick any day. Oh well, I am recovered and lived to tell about it. I am so extremely tired right now but wanted to quick post. We spent the weekend at the state wrestling tournament, and B took 7th (out of 40 in his weight class) so I think he did great, he is upset that he did not get a medal (only 1st - 6th get medals) and my husband is sad also because B has had a great year and did so much better than last year and we both were hoping so much for him that he could place and get on the podium and get a medal. We know how disappointed he is. As much as I know that he did great, that he is so improved and works so hard, he just doesn't correlate that to anything. He only sees the black and white. But life is full of disappointments and he is a kid and will get over it as soon as he starts thinking of something else. We stayed in a hotel and the kids had a blast with their friends. I did not sleep at all. The night before we left DH had the sickness and was up all night so I went to sleep on the couch thinking I'd sleep better but I still heard him every time and was up pretty much all night. The couch is NOT comfortable I have to say. So, I then did not sleep well either night in the hotel. I was afraid the kids would fall off the bed or wake up sick or ???? I just was too anxious also about the tournament. I never sleep well in hotels. So, we just returned tonight and instead of going to bed nice and early with everyone else I had to finish up a group presentation that I agreed to do this weekend (my part of it was to put it all together in a powerpoint). So, I just got that done and have to get to sleep before I fall over. The kids both have school and I am not going to be a happy camper come tomorrow morning. We also had the time change so that messes me up also. I sound like a big complainer, guess I'm just tired. I did have a fun weekend and things are really going fine. I have my big presentation Wed then we have spring break next week. I am half way done with my FINAL semester. I don't know what I will do when I'm done with this!!! It will be so weird to not have the work to do all the time. I'll have regular work but not school work.

Not much else to write about. I'm off to bed!

No comments: