Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My First Week and Other News

I am done with my first week of nursing school. Sometimes I feel like I have such a LONG way to go. 2 years of this. Of going to school every other weekend. That is such a sacrifice. I realized this last weekend when my family went to a wedding, that my daughter was IN, and I was in class from 8am - 4pm each day. Can we say depressing???? But I handled it fine, we made it through, and I now am committed to this. I can do it. I want this. I really do think this is what I want to be when I grow up. It better be!!!

Besides my life consuming education, we are facing some changes with the kids' school starting here in the next couple weeks. B has his open house Thur night and we will meet his teacher and see his classroom. He is nervous, like he was last year, but once he is there he does fine. He is such an outgoing and funny kid, he gets along with everyone. First grade will be a big change going every day, but I hope he will handle it fine.

J has her visiting day at preschool next Friday. She will have no problem with preschool, as she went last year and loves new experiences and people. For a baby who hated anyone but me, she sure has turned out to be an extrovert. Funny how both my kids seem to be quite extroverted, when I am the opposite. Sometimes I have a hard time relating to them, they are so unlike me. But that makes it all the more fun, when your kids actually have personalities of their own! I always thought they would be "little me's" but boy was I wrong. Even my daughter who looks quite a lot like me, is a little spitfire personality. And my son, he is everything I wish I was. Really. I sometimes can't believe they are mine.

1 comment:

me said...

Congrats on the start of school and GOOD LUCK!! I'm sorry to hear you had to miss J in the wedding, that had to be a hard choice. Can't wait to hear how the visiting day went and I hope B's open house goes really well and he likes his teacher!