Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am officially a nursing student

I started classes on Monday. I have a busy first week since we have weekend class this Sat and Sun. I had class 3 hours on each monday and wednesday nights, and will have class from 8am to 5pm on Sat and Sun. I will have every other weekend off. The program seems organized and the teachers seem great so far. There is a LOT of work, a lot of reading, tests, papers, labs, etc. Clinicals will start in October. I am nervous for that, but will worry about it when the time comes. I just can't believe I am actually in the nursing program. I have been preparing and thinking about this for almost 3 years now. It seemed so far away and now I have started. I'm sure it will go very fast. It will be tough and at times I am sure I will be thinking I was crazy. But I still do think I made the right decision to switch careers and start a new path. I hope it is what I have been hoping for!!!

2 comments:

me said...

It IS what you've been hoping for and if you keep a positive attitude, all will go well! I'll say a prayer for you and look forward to reading about how clases and clinicals are going when you get a free 5 minutes to share. Best of luck!

Charm Bracelet said...

Congratulations! It will be tough, but you can do it. Once you get your schedule worked out and the kids are in school, things will fall into a routine. It's the perfect career for you. You'll have plenty of stories to share. All that hard work will pay off.