Thursday, August 03, 2006

Body Image

I am finally getting to a point where I am liking my body a little bit better. I am very hard on myself and even though I am not overweight I still have not liked my body much since I've had kids. Heck, even before kids I was not really impressed by it! Maybe us women are never really in love with our bodies, but we should be! We should be proud of what they can do and the babies they have birthed and the hurtles they have crosses. With age, bodies change. What was perky and hard in our teens are getting softer and saggier. This is inevitable. I will probably never love my breasts, they are on the bigger side and aren't perky in the least bit. I have never liked my stomach. I don't mind my legs and arms. I have worked hard on my health this summer. I have been eating much better and exercising. I have lost almost 10 lb since May. I have never lost that much before this year. I am hoping that I will not go back to the weight I was in May. I have always struggled, but I am doing better than ever. I think going back to school will keep me busy and keep my thoughts away from food. I fear I won't exercise enough but I will try my best to keep some sort of exercise in my life. I know I'm a happier person when I'm a healthier person. I want to be around for a LONG time for my kids and my family. I owe them and ME a long and healthy life.

1 comment:

me said...

Congrats to you on the 10#! Now, can you talk to my bum and tell it to get reacquainted with the treadmill? Good luck keeping healthy and loving your body!!