Thursday, June 15, 2006

Weight Loss

I haven't really posted lately on here about my weight loss efforts. Partly because I usually don't have much to report and sometimes I tend to start out great and lose my motivation quickly. This time I have been doing much better. I don't know why. I think part of it is that I got sick of the cycle of losing a few, gaining them back, etc etc. I also wanted to feel good in my summer clothes and have more energy. I wanted to make it really happen this time. Anyway, I've been working hard (despite one weekend that I royally over ate) since about May 7. So, it's been a little over a month. I've been walking 3 miles a few times a week. I have to admit I hvae not been exercising as much as I should. I know that would help. The part I'm proud of is my eating. If you've read my blog, you know I have food issues, overeating issues. I love food. I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, lonely, you name it. I have been eating 20 points a day (weight watchers). I am sticking to it. I have been buying foods that are low in points and when I eat out I really have been trying to get something low in points. I still eat sweets but low points sweets. I still eat every food group. I have not given up any carbs or anything else. I just eat less of what I like. I have been eating more fruits and veggies. I feel good about it, and really feel like I can do it. My breakfast is a bowl of measured out cereal and milk, or eggbeaters with lowfat cheese and light bread. My lunch is a sandwich with light bread. I then will have a fruit or veggie and sometimes a 2 point granola bar. My snack is a yogurt and maybe fruit again. My dinner is a lean cuisine or a veggie burger, salad, and a treat. My treat is usually a low cal/low points ice cream bar. I love the Healthy Choice caramel ice cream sandwiches. I highly recommend them. They are SO GOOD! They are 3 points each. I am then usually done eating by 6pm every day. I will sometimes have a hot chocolate before bed. If I'm really hungry at night I have a salad. My total weight loss so far is about 7 lb. I started about 131 or so. I am now at 123.5. I am sure I'll gain some around my time of the month and I'm sure I will fluctuate as most people do. I am focusing on staying on track and knowing I'm doing the right thing. I am trying not to focus on the number on the scale. If I stay on track overall I will lose weight. I know that I can stick to it. This is the longest I have ever stuck to my plan. It is the lowest weight I have been at since before I got married. I hope it motivates me to change my life and make this a new normal for me.

1 comment:

Charm Bracelet said...

I'm so glad you are writing about it now. You are doing such a great job. We started at the same time, and look how far we've come. Thanks for the encouragement.