Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Summer Vacation

Well, tomorrow is officially the start of B's first actual summer vaction from school. He has his last day tomorrow and I am a little sad about it. He is done with kindergarten! He is now a first grader! Where did the year go? And this time next year J will be getting ready for kindergarten. Wow, will that be a change. I am in the middle of my class from he*l and am half done this thursday. I have only been to class 3 times to take tests. I have not been to a single real lecture. And I am doing fine. It is a boring class. I will be so relieved to have it behind me. I had my nursing orientation on Saturday. I was overwhelmed by it. I think the next 2 years will be very challenging for the whole family. They said you should study 24 hr a week. That doesn't include class time. That is a heck of a lot of study time when I have 2 young kids and the house and cooking and activities etc. Where will I find 24 hrs to study? I have no childcare and my husband travels a lot. I think I will be up early and to sleep late many nights. I am also very excited to start nursing school. I ordered my stethoscope, in burgandy! (you have to chose a color, kind of silly). I also have to buy scubs, white shoes, and get my pre-clinical physical.
I just know that it will work out fine, I'll get through it, and I have to stay positive. It will be one of the hardest things I'll ever do but it will be worth it.

No comments: