Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday, the last day.....

.....before school starts tomorrow at 8am. I have dreaded this day and hoped for this day to come over the past month. The sooner I start, the sooner I will be done. I have been working for this degree for about 4 years. I think I started taking my classes that I needed to get into nursing school around the time Jenna was 1 or 1 1/2. Then, it seemed like such a huge task, something that was just a little dream that was so far away. Now, I sit 4 months from being DONE with actual nursing school. In 5 months I will have my RN license (assuming I pass the NCLEX). I will be a working nursing in 5-7 months depending on when I start working. Wow. I can't believe I followed the dream all the way to the end. I am almost to the end of one road, and starting on my way down another. But back to reality, I have to finish 4 months of gruling studying, classes, clinical, papers, staying up late etc etc. But I have done it 3 other semesters and I can do it one more.

I am alone in the house, and must leave to get Jenna from her playdate. The kids are keeping me very busy. Wrestling almost takes over our lives this time of year. Bret is doing wonderful and loves his wrestling team. He is 55 pounds this year, he gained about 5 lb since last year. He has only lost 2 matches so far. He is such a hard worker. He works so hard at practice and during his matches. I am so proud of him. He has such determination, more than I have ever had. Jenna is busy with school and her social life. Both kids are just the joy of my life and I love watching them as they grow and change into these little people. So unlike me in many ways but like me in others. Amazing.

No comments: