Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I am not stepping on a scale until Feb 1

It is not about the number on the scale. I have to do something different, and I need to NOT focus on the scale. I need to focus on doing what is right, eating right, exercising, making healthy choices, eating in moderation. I do not need to look at what my exact weight is every day to determine if I am doing a good job. It doesn't define me or what I look like. My new plan is to focus on eating changes, exercising more, and weighing every 2 weeks or so. I will weigh on Feb 1st, which will be about 2 weeks from when I started eating better/exercising. I will then probably weigh again mid Feb or March 1. I am hoping to be at my goal weight by my birthday on April 8, and if I am I will reward myself with something special. I will be 33 years old and I am not going to spend my 30's unhappy with myself and my health. I am going to focus on myself even if I am busy with everything else. I am going to do what is good for me, for once! I am off to exercise for 1/2 hr before my volunteer time at the school. Any ideas for a good reward??? I am thinking some expensive jeans (although I do not need any jeans) or a new purse. We have a Coach outlet near here with good prices. I love purses so I am leaning towards that. I am not big on massages, or that kind of stuff. Anyway, there will be something for my hard work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! I hit the Dr yesterday and have lost 15# since Oct and I am so proud of myself. I still have 10-15# to go but I'm proud of how my jeans fit now. I have found 3 to 4 times a week exercising and a high protein/low carb diet. Eggs for breakfast is amazing in it's staying power, that is my best tip! Here's to a happy, healthy new year and hitting your goal weight by your birthday! I bought myself new jeans (first time in 2 years) for the first 15# and who knows what I'll do for the full 30#. I vote for the purse for you, especially if it's something YOU will truly enjoy! YOU GO GIRL! ;)