Wednesday, February 06, 2008

8 years old

My big boy is going to be 8 tomorrow. At 7:17 am he was born after I was in labor all night long. I went into the hospital around this time 8 years ago. I remember Brian and I had a big steak dinner at my parents house and I was having mild contractions that continued to increase in frequency and intensity throughout the evening. I was really nervous about labor and the pain and the unknown. I had a great birth and no complications. I can still remember it all very clearly. I remember exactly what he looked like when he came out and the midwife put him on my chest. He just stared up at us with big eyes and we fell in love. Happy Birthday to my first baby!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Happy Belated Birthday to him and Happy 8th Mothering Anniversary to you. You're "almost" an expert!*

*When Natalie turned 10, my learned bloggy friend JK told me that once you have done something for 10 years, you're considered an "expert" so that's when I became an "expert" on Motherhood. Funny, I *still* don't feel that way! lol