Sunday, March 05, 2006

And now for my first love, My B!

Not "officially" a first love, but the first time I have had immediate love for someone, such unconditional pure love. Never had I experienced that before and never would I again until J came along. I will always thank B for being my first born, my first baby. I will always be grateful to God for giving me my 2 healthy beautiful children.

B is my oldest, my boy. He has the purest heart, he is so honest, at 6 years old, and it wise beyond his years. I look at him recently and see the baby long gone, and the boy taking his place. I see the same face I have always seen. But the body is long and lean, with muscles now used for wrestling matches. His eyes are the same, but the face is now free of baby fat. The dimples are still there, and I remember seeing those dimples on him for the first time as a newborn. How we wondered where they came from. The bald head that once was, is now full of thick dark blonde hair. Hair that cannot be tamed or cut to look quite right. But beautiful hair nonetheless. B is a boy full of emotions. He can go from laughing to crying in a heartbeat. If he wants something he does not give up on it. He can remember things from years ago. He sets his mind to something and usually does it. He has the most infectious laugh. He loves fiercely and has a passion for life I can only hope to have someday. He was a happy baby, and a challenging toddler. He has been a joy in my life from the day he was born.

Here are my thoughts on B at age 6:
  • He can color for hours, until his neck is sore! He colors coloring books and is very good at it!
  • He can count to 100 and beyond
  • He loves ice cream with chocolate on top.
  • He loves me to read him chapter books, his current favorite being the Captain Underpants series. Our last series was Magic Treehouse.
  • He loves to be around other kids. He is very outgoing and friendly. Very unlike I was at his age.
  • His favorite outfit is his camoflauge turtleneck and matching pants.
  • He loves birthday cake with lots of frosting.
  • He can bike 3 miles.
  • He has a beautiful singing voice.
  • He loves to write short stories.
  • He loves me to sleep with him a while before saying good night.
  • He loves to wrestle his dad (and sister)!

I love you B!

No comments: