Thursday, November 03, 2005

Halloween is over and now on to the holidays!

Well, our halloween festivities are over. We had a busy weekend leading up to halloween. We had to travel 4 hrs for a retirement party Sat night. The kids had a babysitter and her friend watch them in our hotel room. They were very excited, and still up when we got back at 11pm! We travelled home on Sunday, unpacked, then got the kids into their costumes for a halloween party at a friends house. We spent a few hours there then got home where everyone slept great in their own beds (me included). B had school Monday but no party at school that day (it was the Thurs before). They got ready about 6pm for trick or treating. J decided on the dinosaur costume, and B was a ninja. J was bob the builder for the party on Sunday. I even dressed up like a witch for the kids, B really wanted me to dress up this year and I didn't want to disappoint him! DH brought the kids around the block and they made it all the way, with J being carried a little bit towards the end. It was a bit chilly but could have been a lot worse. They both got plenty of good candy and both wanted a piece of gum when they got home! They aren't big into chocolate, they prefer gum or sugary candy like sweet tarts, skittles, or taffy. Dh and I prefer the chocolate, his favorite being Kit Kat and I like butterfingers and Reeses. I think we are all sick of candy right now!

So, now we are on to planning Thanksgiving and Christmas. I may offer to do Thanksgiving here this year. I also plan to try to have Christmas morning here serving brunch or lunch. I like to have my kids at home for Christmas so we can make our memories here and wake up in our own beds. I love the excitement of waking up to see what Santa brings them. They just love it!

I have class tonight. I think I have 5- 6 weeks left. Over half done. I got an A on my speech and on my test the other week. I am getting an A in both classes. I stil have a lot of tests and work to be done but it is going well so far. I will apply to nursing school in January and find out in May if I get in. If I don't, then I'll have a year off since I'll be done with all my classes except Psychology, which I'll take in the summer.

No comments: