Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007 in a nutshell

Christmas was a happy, wonderful, fun filled day. We started the festivities the eve before at my parents for a yummy steak dinner, kids playing, and present opening. We were home by 8:30 and opened our family presents under the glowing lights of our own tree. The kids were tucked into their cozy beds with thoughts of Santa visiting over the night. I then got busy bringing "santa" presents up to the tree, organizing them to look pretty. I also got the stockings stuffed and the letter written and left in the hall for the kids to see upon waking in the morning. We were woken up at 7am by J and made her come into bed with us after peaking downstairs and reading the letter. She patiently waited for B to wake up around 7:30. We then proceeded to go downstairs and wait for daddy to make it down. In the meantime I took some pics and video. The kids were so excited for their gifts and each had 5 to open that morning. Both are now busy playing with new toys. I had a nice turkey dinner on Xmas day for my parents and grandma. We played some games (new kids games) and had a nice time. We are all now looking forward to our trip to see my brother's family. We have a few new DVD's, CD's and games for the car. B got his Nintendo DS and J got a Leapster, which is a bigger hit than I thought it would be. I got DH some new CD's for the trip and we can't wait to meet our new nephew/cousin!

We have many happy memories from this year!!

p.s. does anyone have Webkinz??? Is the site usually accessible? Is it busy now just because of xmas? It keeps kicking us out so the kids have not been able to play on the site. They were really looking forward to it, as they hear about them all the time from their friends.

No comments: