Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Vacation

I am officially on break, and I have been busy getting ready for the holidays. Last night the kids and I made cinnamon applesauce ornaments. They were really into it, and we now have at least 15 new ornaments for the tree. I am trying to talk them into giving a few away but they hate to part with their precious ornaments!! I'd have to say it was fairly easy, although I am never a big fan of rolling dough a million times. And I had to use more applesauce than required of the recipe to even make it dough like. It smelled great while they were baking though!! Right now I am mid-cookie making. I mixed up 3 different doughs and started baking. The sugar cookies are waiting until the kids can use the cookie cutters to make their own. They just love those cookie cutter projects!! They should be home any minute so I gotta run.

P.S. I got an A this semester!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They didn't have the big thing of cinnamon when I went to the store the other day. Grrrr.... Also, here's a tip for rolling: WAX PAPER. One on bottom and one on top. Sooooo easy. Have no idea where I dug that one up but with all the baking I've been doing lately, it's been a real Godsend.

Congrats on the A!