Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winter is here to stay




The snow fell all day Sunday, and all day Tuesday. It has turned into winter wonderland here. And as pretty as it looks, to me it is the start of the long, frigid winter. I do enjoy a nice snowfall, and don't even mind the chilly temps. It is when it gets to be 0 degrees or less every morning and I don't just want to start the car, I have to start the car in the mornings. I seriously have to start the car at least 15 min before going anywhere for it to be remotely lukewarm inside, and for the windows to be clear of ice and snow. This time of year also means tons of snow gear for the kids. And it all comes home from school wet and cold. And did you know it is really hard to get boots and gloves dry over night? I have to either come up with a better solution or else find a new kind of boots and gloves. B's boots, especially, are soaking wet. There is no liner I can remove to dry. My solution is to put them by the heating vents and hope for the best. I do this with gloves also. Many mornings, they are still damp. I have dried the gloves in the drier but it says not to on the tag. Maybe I'm buying the wrong kind. I don't know. I have to hang the coats and snowpants each day also. There is also the stuffing of the backpacks, with lunches, shoes to change into, snowpants if they aren't wearing them, folders, library books, snacks and everything else. Can you tell this time of year is a big change for us??? Granted, I am enjoying the holiday spirit and the excitement of the kids over a big snow outside. I am not a big outdoor person when it comes to snow. I will sit out all day in the summer but I don't like to sit out in the cold snow. But winter is here and there is nothing I can do but accept it! :)
Not much else going on with me. I am trying to get done with this semester so I can enjoy a couple weeks off. I am getting close to done with my Xmas shopping. I have the kids presents wrapped even. I got my new purse and can't decide if I like it. If anything, it was free. It is not one I would pick out but maybe I can get some use out of it. I'll try to post a pic:

ok, I think it posted at the top of this post. oh well. I also put in a pic of the kids by the tree. The purse I won is the bronze colored one in front. The other one is my favorite knock off purse that I use all the time. The new one has a big "G" on the front that looks like the green bay packers "G" but I guess is supposed to be for "Guess" brand. It is a little big and shiny I think. The color is ok kind fo a bronzy brown, it looks kind of metallic. And lots of silver things on it, but maybe it would look ok with the right outfit. My guess is that it was up for a drawing for a reason (like, no one wanting to buy it!) The price tag said $45. I would have never paid that much.

No comments: