Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Girl's Hair


Just had to post of pic of how long J's hair is getting. I am not sure what I will do with it. It usually isn't so curly (this was after taking out french braids), but it is getting very long. I trim it myself every few months but that is it. She has never had a haircut other than one trim at a salon and trims from me. It is pretty hard to take care of. She doesn't like to wear it down and it gets in her face a lot when she does wear it down so I usually french braid it every few days (it stays in a couple days once I get it in a braid). Washing it is getting harder too, and I like to dry it after so she doesn't have to go to bed with wet hair. So, it is somewhat time consuming but I'm not ready to cut it off. Not sure if I ever will be!! One thing I really wanted as a kid is nice long hair. My mom used to cut mine (very crooked I might add) and so I am maybe re-living the hair thing through my daughter!!!

1 comment:

me said...

WOW! I sometimes wish I had just let T's grow but it'll get there and I hate to have to deal with it everyday as she's not old enough. I cut T's hair last summer to get rid of the baby girl stragglies that happen when their hair starts to thicken up. She wasn't too happy with my choice but I'm glad I did it b/c her hair is so much thicker and easier to work with. I now have it in long layers that help with her curly hair. I hope you're able to find a hairstyle that works for both you and your memories!