Thursday, September 20, 2007

"my mom the ners"

B brought home a paper he was doing in school, about me, and under job he wrote "ners". Is that the cutest??? And even moreso, in less than 9 months I hope to be able to have that RN after my name. I am still alive, for anyone still even checking this blog. I am buried in homework, clincals every other weekend, school 2 nights a week, volunteering for each kid in school (it is hard to get 2 kids off to school!) once a week, going to dance class, and going to football games. That doesn't count housework, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, making lunches, and fitting in 30-40 minutes of exercise per day. I thought I'd have free time with every other day to myself for 6 hr. I can't say I've had any "down" time. I seem to have so much to do, that I never do anything really fun or relaxing for myself. Maybe next week after my first test I will actually get a haircut (badly needed) or something else "fun". I did buy like 4 pairs of shoes in the past 2 weeks, so I guess I can't say I haven't had ANY fun. I am feeling like my kids are growing SO fast. J is in kindergarten and she is such a big girl. She is an old pro at the school thing watching her brother go the past 2 years. B is in 2nd grade and reading like a pro. He is so smart and such a perfectionist. Anyway, I have a LONG weekend ahead of me. I am working in a locked psych unit at one of the biggest trauma units of the twin cities. I will be there fri evening for a few hours and during the day both Sat and Sun. I also have a test coming up on Wed next week, along with all my clinical paperwork. I will have time for nothing other than school work and trying to spend a little time with my family. After Wed, I will have the next weekend off and plan to do something really fun with the kids. Maybe do an apple orchard if the weather permits. I just love fall. Anyway, I am off to bed. Gotta get that sleep while ya can!

No comments: